Welcome to Haywood Village Academy School Parent and Teacher Association!
This page is dedicated to the Parent Teacher Association (PTA). The PTA is passionate about supporting the school community and the children who attend the school.
The main two functions of the PTA are –
- To raise additional funds to enhance children’s school experience
- To create events the school community will enjoy attending
Why do we have a PTA?
We are fortunate at our school to have a PTA that is an integral part of the school community since being set up in September 2017. During 2017-2019 we raised £4,268 which has been spent on new playground equipment.
Our association is about much more than simply fundraising. Haywood Village PTA exists to provide closer links between home and school and it is an excellent way to bring staff, parents and friends together socially in support of the school, working towards a common goal.
It’s fun too – just ask any of the Committee members or volunteers.
All parents and members of the school community are encouraged to get involved, even if they only have a small amount of time available. All families automatically become members of the Haywood PTA when their child joins our school.
Role of the Committee
Our Committee members consists of –
Chairperson – Lianne Williams (Parent to children Pre-School and Year 2)
Treasurer – Kadi Fewings (Parent to a child in Year 2)
Secretary – Kristal Shaw (Parent to a child in Year 2)
We also have Class Reps who play a very important role, providing a link between individual classes and parents and the PTA committee. The support from Class Reps is vital when it comes to organising our main events, from selling tickets to arranging rotas of help.
The Committee meets on a regular basis with smaller working groups meeting as necessary when we are planning larger events. The Committee also hold open PTA meetings. Any member can come along, find out what the association are planning, share ideas and get involved.
We welcome any help from parents, teachers and friends, and have a growing list of volunteers who commit some of their time to helping the association. Every little helps, so just one hour of assisting at event or wrapping lucky dip prizes or folding raffle tickets (just a few examples) would be invaluable.
If you have access to Facebook, please join our ‘Haywood Village Academy PTA Events’ Page – https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/School/Haywood-Village-Academy-PTA-Events-649375312145862/
How you can help
Donations from parents are extremely important. You can donate time, money, items for sale, raffle prizes and auction lots or offers of services and skills. Here are some other examples-
- The Giving Machine – You can generate free do-nations for Haywood Village PTA every time you shop online via The Giving Machine. Sign up at https://www.thegivingmachine.co.uk/causes/haywood-village-academy-pta/ to get started. You can browse the huge range of shops such as Amazon, ASOS, Ebay, Asda, Boots, Tesco and the retailers will donate a percentage to our Haywood Village PTA. Please do tell your friends and family how they can help us at no extra cost too.
- Pre-loved Uniform Sales – Donate school uniform that your child has grown out of to the PTA. We will then sell it on at a small cost to other parents. To donate and purchase pre-loved uniform please contact Mims Yacomeni at email@example.com
- Employer match funding schemes – If you work for an organisation that has a match funding policy, any money you raise could be matched by your employer. High street banks, building societies, supermarkets and large corporations are likely to do match funding, but these schemes are not exclusive to the major corporate giants. If you work for an independent company, they may be interested in charitable giving through match funding too. For more information on Match Funding please see http://www.pta.co.uk/funding/faqs-match-funding or contact a PTA Committee Member.
How we raise funds and spend the donations
Like most PTAs, the majority of our funds are raised through the events that we run. Some of our most popular events are School Discos, Easter Parade, Non School Uniform Days, Christmas Fayre, Cake Sales, Film Nights and Tea towel sales to name a few.
The PTA committee are responsible for deciding how our PTA funds are spent. Funds are typically spent on the ‘extras’ that are not provided by the school’s budget, thus making our children’s learning experiences so much more fulfilling and exciting. Usually the School Leadership Team provide guidance related to items that the school children require. We also invite input from parents too.
Contact the PTA with ideas, suggestions or your interests in supporting by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The PTA have had support from https://www.fastlabels.co.uk/
With high-resolution printing, rapid turnaround, free next-day delivery and any shape, size or finish, you’ll have printed labels which tick every box for some of the UK’s lowest prices. Your order will even come with a re-print or refund quality guarantee for complete peace of mind.